UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA DULUTH DEPARTMENT OF INTERCOLLEGIATE ATHLETICS MISSION AND VISION STATEMENT
Our mission as the University of Minnesota-Duluth athletic program is to create a strong sense of pride amongst Bulldog Country through academic superiority, strength in community and competitive excellence.
We represent the Three C’s:
Our vision consists of the following:
- Integrity: We strive to always do the right thing and uphold strong moral values.
- Community: We create a strong community bond through our commitment to service and the desire to give back to a community that has given us so much.
- Excellence: We do not rest on accomplishments, but demand more of ourselves to exceed expectations in all aspects: classroom, competition and community.
- Sportsmanship: We uphold our reputation as role models by competing in a fair and respectful manner and showing respect toward opponents, coaches, referees and spectators.
- Teamwork: We are effective in creating strong relationships, demonstrating respect and sharing accomplishments all while learning from others.
- Leadership: We are defined by our vision to inspire and motivate others.
- Bulldog Family: Bulldog Country is a growing community of athletes, students, coaches, faculty, alumni and fans who are proud to represent a competitive and well-respected program.
The University of Minnesota Duluth shall provide equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Division II Philosophy